Monday, May 28, 2012

Two Tales


1. Yesterday my daughter decided to get me breakfast. She's a sweet girl. However, what she chose to get was a little more than she could handle. She got us cereal, O.K. so far so good, then she decided to get us a fruit, really proud of thinking of the food groups, it was applesauce, still good. She got us milk in cups and even remembered to give me soy milk, best girl ever. She then added milk to our bowls, and all would have been well in the world except for 2 things, one: she used a quart of milk in just our bowls. (I'm not guessing, we had a full quart, then it was empty), Two: she did all this before asking me and before I got up, so that by the time I got up my cereal was complete and total mush. Mmmmm Honey bunches of mush. I tried to be a good mommy and I figured hey what is cereal except oats and wheat, I eat oatmeal all the time, I bet I could get this down if I just warm it up.... so that's what I did. I think I managed to choke down about 6 small bites before tossing it out when she wasn't looking. She tried really hard and I praised her for her efforts. But I requested that the next time she gets us breakfast she get us something like muffins, or granola bars, or something like that. So here's crossing my fingers. :) got to love that Peanut. 



2. Today I have been attempting to clean my house. I hope to be moving soon and I want to weed out what is garbage or isn't needed ahead of time. I figured hey no problem. I do this cleaning thing all the time. I'm on it. However, I did not count on my babes ability to co-op my time. So far, I've told stories, listened to music, danced with the baby, played with play-doh, looked at photos, painted, washed paint off clothes, and read nap time stories while snuggling. I did start in the kitchen... and I'm about half way done with it. LOL what's even worse is it's about the size of a postage stamp. Oh well we've had a fun day and I hope that it stays that way. Right now I'm calling it a win. Cleaning can happen anytime, time with the kids, right now, this day, that only happens once. :)  I love them so.

No comments:

Post a Comment