Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Novel Names Anyone?

I just did more work on my NaNoWriMo novel and I'm feeling the crunch. I really want to get it done so that I have that lovely copy all my own to put on my book shelf....But I'm worried that I've left it so long that I'm only going to have time for a sloppy edit. Oh well get it done I shall and This November I'll do better. (I hope). I was going to leave an excerpt, but I couldn't find anything that I found funny. Instead I'll ask for help with a book title.

My working title is Baby Steps, But I don't really feel that it fits any more. The story is basically a faux journal of a girl going from about the age of 9 to maybe 20/ 25....(I'm not sure where it will end yet as time is a factor). And all of the difficult things she has to face in her life. This includes her unanswered questions as to what makes an adult. The hope is that the reader will see growth not only in "her" writing style, but in the way she handles the obstacles that present themselves. In essence reducing the questioning factor as she ages. The entries have large gaps of time between them and aren't dated. I want it to feel like going into the attic and finding the journal of someone that you've never met, but feel for none the less.

So give me your suggestions and maybe I'll find something more fitting.

1 comment:

  1. Bits of me.

    I'm going to have to mumble over this one and get back to ya.

    ReplyDelete