Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Random Though Tuesday

randomtuesday

Hurrah! Today is Random day. Today this totally brings to mind the show iCarly. Mostly because they have a portion on their show called RANDOM DANCING!. If you've never seen it then you won't get how funny it is, but I have to say that even though I'm in my late twenties it always makes me giggle. Something about some of the teeny-bopper shows just makes me happy. I think it's all the bright colors and simplicity.

Speaking of shows that I like I can't wait for gLee to start again. Not to mention Heroes, I really want them to have just one more season! Other than that there isn't much that I really watch...so I guess this section of random is over.

I was painting the entertainment center for my living room the other day and I pulled a pectoral muscle some how, but lord only knows why. I'm begining to feel a little defeated over this project. In looking at it my Husband was all "Oh well, you know I like natural wood colors better." I thought to myself: you know that was something you could have mentioned when I said 'do you think I should paint it?' instead of a noncommittal shrug. Also I'm painting it to match the color that I WANT the living room to be, and since my husband is never home I don't know how doing that project is going to occur.

Moving on I really want to paint my whole house (inside) as it's needed it for a year at least. But now my Husband and I are talking about the possibility of moving in the near future and I'm frustrated that if we do that I'll have just gotten the house and yard to where I want and we'll be leaving. (poo)

In other news, I NEED to get my son on a schedule. I've been messing it up royaly. You see I've gotten so used to doing whatever I need to do when ever that I haven't been staying home and giving him proper time to sleep (during the day). This is also partially due to the fact that my daughter when little was like clockwork and would fall asleep ANYWHERE. So last night I decided to start a schedule for him and instead of always cuddling him I have to let him tough it out. I hate this part when they cry and cry and you feel like the meanest mom on the planet. I know he needs to learn to comfort himself and that I'm not doing him any favors if I don't teach him now, but it still sucks.

I have a Pampered Chef show tonight so this kind of messes up the whole sleep plan. But I'm going to do it again when we get home. I'm really worried about my show tonight. I've only had two on my own so far and one was a great big bomb (I know it sounds like a cop out but it wasn't really my fault as my sister created a kind of self-fulfilling fail of a show). But still I'm nervous and I think I'm going to go and watch the training video like 3 or 4 more times today. I just really want to be a success at something, and I think this can be it if I work for it.

For more Random Thoughts check out The UnMom!

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, it would have been nice for your hubby to have stated his opinion in the first place. Thankfully my hubby knows this is my house and he just sleeps here! LOL!

    I would hate to have put all that work into a house just to move. I plan to stay here till the land owner dies and they force me out!

    Good luck with the schedule. It will be difficult but soo worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be great! The party will be a success! Good luck with all the painting! I'm not a big fan of projects but I want the house to look nice. Can't we just wave a magic wand?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always tried a schedule for my son but he always chose to sleep at the most inoppurtune times. Good luck on your party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the show went well! I was invited to one last week and I really wanted to go, Lu-huv kitchen gadgets!, but couldn't. I appeased myself by checking them out online. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the feel good vibes. I really do wish that there was a magic wand... but there is something nice about doing a job yourself, doing it well, and then looking back and thinking 'Hey look at that! I rock!' So hopefully that will be the case whenever I get my many projects that are up in the air done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, maybe the reason I never get that feeling is things don't get done well...

    JUST KIDDING, I am s.l.o.w.l.y making improvements on my house, with one eye towards what I would do if I was selling, and then doing that now so I can enjoy it! I think my favorite project was one I didn't do: a microwave that works. You can put food *anywhere* in it and, get this, IT GETS HOT! Ahhhh, such a luxury. Totally worth the $$$.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am slowly trying to get my house painted and fixed up so we can try to sell it and downsize but it's a never ending struggle. Oooh Pampered Chef - I love my Pampered Chef pans.

    ReplyDelete