Friday, April 9, 2010

Well shit.

Today is hard. In so many ways. And I'm feeling a little lost as I have no one I can really talk to. I don't have a large group of female friends to turn to. My Mom was my go to gal so I'm missing her something awful today. I tried to call my sister but she had a major migraine and couldn't talk. I'm not mad at her or anything, I just feel adrift. I think I need a bigger safety net and I don't really know how to create one. I used to be great at making friends but now it takes me a really long time to trust someone enough to open up about the important things. That doesn't mean that I don't have friends, just that I don't feel comfortable confiding in them (so maybe that makes them only acquaintances). My Husband is great, but there are somethings that he just can't empathize with as he's never had to deal with them. I know I'm not even talking about my problem/s here either, and that's 'cuz I'm not ready to. But I just needed to do something to try and work the emotions out. I'm not sure I'm succeeding. I just want my Mommy.

4 comments:

  1. {{hugs}}

    this must be so hard for you. i wish i could help.

    i still have my mom, but my bff since I was 15 (yup 16 years) lives in alabama with her new deadbeat husband and doesn't respond to emails. ya, cuz *that's* the same as what ur going thru. :P

    i hope things get better for you. may i suggest reading a fave book or taking a long bath? cliche, but cliche because they work sometimes.

    PS your blog design is really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are feeling out of sorts. I wish I knew how to help.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the warm thoughts and hugs guys. *hugs* back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally get your thing about friends and friends you can really talk to. I have lots of so called friends, but really only a couple that I really trust. Sorry you're missing your mom, and hope that things get better soon. We all have those kind of moments that no one else will do but mom.

    ReplyDelete