Friday, April 2, 2010

Belated Monday's Muse

So I had planned to put this up on Monday, however, that obviously didn't happen. A few years ago my cousin sent me an e-mail full of pictures like the one I'm about to place in this blog, I was so awed by them and the amount of work that must go into one. I can't imagine having that patience. Nor can I imagine having that amount of alone time. *laughs* My family would never survive if I took time out for it. But I digress.

When I was looking earlier for a picture of Ukrainian Easter eggs, I came across one of these, and was reminded again how very beautiful they are, and how largely I appreciate art and beauty in my life.



Yes that is an egg SHELL, a carved egg shell. Aren't you amazed! Because I always am!

2 comments:

  1. That's an eggshell??!! It is amazing. Human beings are amazing.

    Taking a delicate object and making it intricately more so. I'd like to meet someone with that much soul. (or with that much time on their hands.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the patience and skill to do something like that! WOW!

    ReplyDelete