Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Random Though Tuesday: Shows, and Painting, and Rain oh my.

Last night I did a Pampered chef show. It was awesome. I had the best hostess. She did everything that you are supposed to do. she got outside orders before hand. She invited tons of people and followed up with them by calling. She had a great turn out. And she is going to get a handful of more orders by tracking down people who said they would. And you know why because she knows that the more sales that she has the more free and discounted items she gets. I love her to death. I think it was my best show yet and I had tons of fun. I didn't feel awkward or fumbbly at all. HOOORAY!

My son started crawling today. Not just his army crawl, not just a few little tries here and there, but all out across the living room crawling. I'm in so much trouble.

I started painting my hallway today. It's going to be a very pale green. I wanted something that was more sage-y. But somehow when mixed I got something minty....Oh well. My Husband says that it's all gray to him (he's mildly color blind) :).

I have unearthed my house from the mess that I let it become. It was great today to come out to the living room and see the floor. It was also great to have a table space to eat at...really need to keep up with this whole cleaning thing.

I have to take the cat to the vet today...just a check up but I hate doing it anyway. It's such a hassle. One of these days I need to find a house in the country and just have barn cats or something....ones that roam and aren't "'ours" so I don't have to fee so responsible for them.

that sounded snarky

I also have to take my son in for his 9 month check up. That is also a hassle but one that I'm willing to put up with. He is so damn cute and I can't believe how big he is.

We lay down grass seed just the other day. And then last night it rained something crazy like 3 inches in 3 hours. So my Husband is pissed cuz he thinks all the seed got washed away...i said to give it time. I'm sure it's ok....maybe.

In other news I LOVED that it rained I think that thunderstorms are the best thing ever.

We have a very full week this week. I'm trying to get the house painted and nice (because we may be looking to sell soon). And we are looking at houses. And doing all the chores and errands that come with that. It's not fun as my husband is on midnights this week, means he's loosing sleep and he's a bear.

My son went down for a nap today with out protest. No squeak of indignation at being put down. Just rolled over and conked out. I hope this means that he's getting used to going to bed on his own. And not that he was just too tired today.

I also totally finished painting my entertainment center. I love it. It's cream with stenciling of green ivy on it...I'd put up a picture but that takes too much time right now.

By the by did you know that it's damn difficult to find stencils in stores anymore. Everywhere I look it's all these damn rub-ons. So I just made my own. It was a pain in the ass...but the outcome was fabulous even if I do say so myself.

Well it's time for me to go and get ready for the day. So hope you liked this bit of random. For more awesome random posts check out The Un Mom!

6 comments:

  1. Very fun random! I have to "unearth my house from the mess it has become" quite frequently. Congrats on your baby crawling...and yes, you are in for it! :) I love the purple and black design. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding the floor is quite the accomplishment. I lose ours all the time. Hope the painting goes weel, the house hunting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blow off the cat to the vet thing. I hadn't taken our cat to the vet for 15 years, and she just recently died at age 23!

    I love the look of your blog! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's graduated the army crawl to a real crawl...hurah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I hardly ever take the cats to the vet other than to get fixed and one intestinal infection.

    So cute that the baby is crawling, time to have eyes put into the back of your head!

    My hubby is severly color blind, the only color he knows is yellow. He thinks red lipstick is blue!

    Would love to see that pic.

    ReplyDelete