Sunday, March 14, 2010

And on the seventh day.......

Today's been so nice. I got to sleep in a little, then got up to care for the kids. Peanut and I did a great art project and she showed me how great she can do when she actually takes the time to do things carefully. She's in such a rush for everything. She desperately wants to be a grown up and do all the things that we do. And it drives me crazy trying to explain to her that she needs to wait, that it's good to be a kid and just hang out and have fun. But I digress.

So after time together I decided that it was time to clean the house as it was falling to disrepair again. As I went to make my bed I tripped and caught my pinky toe ripping the pad off the bottom of it. OWWWWWW! I bled everywhere, so more clean up for me. Three band-aids later I resumed my cleaning. At noon we had friends come over and so started a really fun day.

My husband and I did the last touches on cleaning the kitchen as our guests chatted. Then he, our friends AND my Peanut went out to get lunch and dinner supplies. Bliss! Alone in the house with just Nugget and he was sleeping! ahh sweet quite time. I spent it puttering, but man it was great. It was sooo nice out that I went around the house opening all the windows to let in the fresh air.



I can't believe the amount of snow melt in the last week. The ground is suddenly showing and my bulbs are pushing through under my windows. I'm so excited for spring I hardly dare to wish as I might curse our good luck.

Anyway, they all came back with oddles of food, and I got to cooking. I LOVE it when my house is full of people and I have noise and company. It doesn't happen enough. We had a lunch of pizza followed by brownies that my girl and I whipped up and baked in my pampered chef stoneware. I hadn't done brownies in them before and they turned out SOOO absolutely delicious. Soft and warm and wonderfully chocolatey. 

We played card games, chatted about inane things and shared in-jokes. Peanut was a great girl, she even joined in in a game or two. 

I think the only tough part of the day was when we had to do the kids bath times. In our house we have a very small water heater. So after my husband and I showering for the day and doing a load of laundry we were on cold for the rest of the day. To get the kids clean we handled it old school and boiled huge pots of water on the stove, then poured them into the bath and let them cool. Peanut thought it was so funny and strange, but she loved the warm water. 

Dinner prep was a group affair and we made a huge meal. Hamburgers, salad, cheesy scalloped potatos from scratch, and creamy fruit salad with homemade whipped cream. It was delicious and we had more than we could ever handle. 

After dinner it was bedtime for the kids. And I'm afraid that I fell asleep with them, but it was nice to wake up and have my honey and our very good friend ensconced on the couch watching a movie. 

And now at the end of the day all I'm felling is relaxed and happy. For the first time in a very long time.

2 comments:

  1. SO GLAD! You've needed a good day! :)

    P.S. So damn jealous that your bulbs are sprouting!>:p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did. And hey they surprised the crap out of me. the snow melted and there they were. Not to mention, yeah for now, but they are gone sooner then.

    ReplyDelete