Tuesday, March 23, 2010

RTT: Alone at last...Maybe

randomtuesday

Today and yesterday have been rather relaxing days. I really haven't done much. I should have, I need to. but there is something about not having my Peanut that makes me think I'm OK to slack off. And I guess I really should take advantage of it because soon enough my Nugget is going to be older and in need of even more attention so I won't have such respites of time. 

I do wish that the boy-o would sleep more tho. His dad and I have gotten in the bad habit of cuddling him to bed and he's so used to it he often won't sleep unless we're holding him. I've been trying to break him of this, but it's so hard when he and peanut share a room and he wakes her up with crying. There is really nothing left to do but pick him up and take him out at 2 am so that she can be well rested for school the next day. 
Today I actually did do some productive things. I cleaned 4/5 of my house and did some work calls. I spent a long time talking to my dad which I haven't done in forever and it was nice to do. I even took a half hour walk with Nugget out in the sunshine and enjoyed the fresh air. 

I keep wanting to toss all the windows wide and leave them that way all day I'm so anxious for spring. But it's still to cool out, so I end up doing it for 3-4 hours during the warmest part of the day to renew the air in the house and call it good. 

I went looking on line today at some songs from old movies. I had Hush-a-by Mountain in my head from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and I couldn't remember the words so I had to look it up. I watch it on youtube and was enraptured with Dick Van Dyke's performance all over again. It led me to want to see him sing "Me ol' Bamboo" song again. So I did, and in the first time in forever I FINALLY figured out what they were saying. for years when recalling it I sing. "Me ol' Bamboo, Me ol' Bamboo, yadda yadda yadda, with Me ol' Bamboo!" But the words are "Me ol' bamboo, me ol bamboo, you better never bother with me ol bamboo." I can't believe that it took me this long to figure it out. 



This led me to more childhood favorites like "Stay awake" from Marry Poppins and "Beautiful things" from Doctor Dolittle. There are some things that just get better with time. And no one else can quite do them justice.

Ooooo I also got to go out and get some adult alone time today. It was much needed. The problem being is that it's not really alone time. I mean I can't have the time alone in my house as there is always someone there. So I have to go out into the community to be able to be free from those that reside in my house. And this inevitably puts me back around people. It is so rare that I get a minute to myself for real that it can get very straining. I think that everybody really should have a place that is all there own, but that's hard when you have kids and have limited money and space. I digress.

My husband and I have been talking about doing some work on the house with the money that we will be getting back with taxes. I'm excited about it. But it's really going to upset the workings of the house to have people in it during the summer. We have so much going on this summer that I'm not sure how we're going to work it in but we will.

I really want spring to be here in full swing. I want to plant my garden so badly I can taste it. I feel bad because I neglected my garden last year due to my mothers passing. At the time I didn't care, and to some extent I still don't. But a tiny part of me regrets  that after 2 years hard work on my garden I let so much of it go and now I'm going to have to start over on some stuff. Oh well every year is a new time for learning what works best in a garden, this year is no different. 

I'd better go as my husband is wondering why I'm taking so long on the computer when I was "just going to hop on and do a quick post". I guess I had more randomness stored up than I thought. For more great random posts check out The Un Mom!


1 comment:

  1. I couldn't comment because I was too busy watching videos. Not my fault! :p

    ReplyDelete