Monday, March 1, 2010

Ooo Ah Just a little bit

I thought that I would take the time while my son is napping to write a more in depth post. I've done blogs on facebook and myspace, but this is the first one that's dedicated to me. So I thought that I would start by saying a little bit about me. As I wrote earlier my older sister is the one that made me start this. I held off for as long as I could as I don't really feel that I have the time for something like this. However my sister won out so here I am.

Now a little about me: I'm now *gasps* 28 years old, and the mother of 2. My first is my sweet and sassy 5 year old girl, Peanut, and my second is my beautiful 7 1/2 month old boy, Nugget. (No those are not their real names but I'm a bit paranoid so it'll have to do for now *grins*) My daughter has a different father than my son, but thankfully he and I (mostly- and I stress that word) get along. I'm married and live in a cozy 2 bedroom home in a small town that some would call "quaint" but to me it's home. Within the confines of our house reside myself, my husband, my 2 children, a cat called Mischief, a goldfish, 2 hermit crabs, and a partridge in a pear tree.

I currently work as a PCA (personal care assistant) in a great group home. I actually have my LPN degree but I haven't had luck finding a job that is flexable enough to work with my husband's swing shift schedule. So as a stop gap I've started selling pampered chef products. I'm excited about it but nervous as well. As I feel like I have no handle at all on life right now.

I've been trying to get my footing ever since I had my son this summer. A month later I felt I was starting to get things under control when my mom suddenly passed away and threw mine and my sisters lives into turmoil. It's been 6 months and I still feel lost without her. But as life goes on I've been slowly trying to rebuild my handle on things.

So to start off my blog I've decided to set some goals that I can post about in the future.

1. Make 3 Pampered Chef work contacts a day
2. Do 1 Hour of Pampered Chef training a day
3. Do 1 Hour of NaNoWriMo story work a day
4. Do 1 blog per day
5. Exercise 1/2 hour a day
6. Do one scrapbook page a day

That's about 4 hours of time that I need to parcel out to myself a day. I'm not sure that I can do it with the 2 kids, husband, etc. But I'm going to do my very best (starting tomorrow). Hope you're here to keep me on task.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it, Elle! I'm so glad that you're not only reserving time to devote to your new business (absolutely necessary to be sucessful, IMHO) but also setting in time to write, care for yourself and be creative. Check out Smilebox-srsly! Easy, fast, free printable scrapbooking for those days that won't cooperate time-wise! I want to share something that Nat Murphy told me about MK that really, really worked and it's this: Just do one thing a day to expand your business and you'll be amazed at how much it grows! Also, Jenny Crusie has a post about book plotting that is helpful as all hell: http://www.arghink.com/2010/02/08/the-not-really-an-outline-for-plots/http://www.arghink.com/2010/02/08/the-not-really-an-outline-for-plots/ I love you and when I come and see you next Monday I'll show you where to find bloggy friends other than bossy me-lol! I love you and miss you very much! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I were dumb and accidentally posted that link twice, thereby unlinking it. *doh!* Lemme try 'gain: http://www.arghink.com/2010/02/08/the-not-really-an-outline-for-plots/

    ReplyDelete